About this position
Explicit Selection is a leading consulting partner in financial technology. Having over 20 years of experience in building products for secure electronic transactions, we create innovative digital propositions in regulated industries. Explicit Selection is accredited by Discover, Mastercard and Visa as a consulting partner. We are active in security, payments, digital identity, lending and mortgage markets.
As a Software Architect working in Explicit Selection, you will be responsible for the analysis of product requirements and creation of future-proof software solutions for Explicit Selection and its customers.
You will be expected to:
- have a good understanding of moderns secure IT infrastructure, cryptography, telecommunication protocol stacks, design patterns and deployment architectures.
- drive to deliver great products.
- have a passion for learning new technologies, strong analytical skills and hands-on mentality and either experience in or eagerness to learn the financial and digital identity domain.
Tasks & responsibilities
In this role, you will work in an agile DevOps team and be responsible for:
- Analysis of product requirements, conducting design sessions with the team, creation of the solution architecture for responsive web and at some point mobile applications.
- Documenting solution design, creating documents, presentations, diagrams.
- Participating in software development, writing good code, tests, work together with the team.
- Coaching juniors, reviewing the work of juniors and peers.
- Working closely with product specialists, software engineers, UI/UX designers and other stakeholders.
- Monitoring new developments and existing solutions available off-the-shelf (commercial and open source), which can be part of our solutions.
- Contributing to the growth of professional standards, processes and development practices in the team.
- Sharing your knowledge with the team, and learning from the rest of the team.
Do you see yourself in the following description?
- Completed Master or PhD degree in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Having experience in software engineering in a senior role and either experience of or willingness to acquire the software architect role.
- Experience in designing mass consumer systems and networks.
- Having passion for learning new things, strong analytical skills, and hands-on mentality (you should like to write great code).
- Having proficient command in Dutch and English languages.
- Confident speaker and thought leader.
Ability to communicate complex subjects in clear and simple terms.
We work with the stack of technologies outlined in the list below. If you tick more than 50% of those, can learn the other 50%, and are eager to bring another 20% on top of it, reach out to us.
- Presentation Layers: HTML, CSS, Angular, Bootstrap
- Databases and Persistance: SQL, MongoDB, Blockchain, Local (Browser) Storage, Native (Device) Storage
- Telecommunication Protocols: HTTPs, REST/JSON APIs, Micro-services, Message Queues
- Repositories and Build Managers: Git, Nexus, Docker, Maven, Jenkins
- Test Frameworks: Mocha, Chai, JUnit, JEST, Cypress, Appium, Wiremock
- Hosting and container orchestration: AWS products, Docker, Kubernetes
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android
- Embedded Systems: Knowledge of Payment Cards, Payment Networks, Identity Documents, Smart Cards, Micro Controllers, Electronics
Development processes: Agile / Scrum in combination with common sense.
What we offer
First of all, we offer to share our passion and entrepreneurship. You will get an opportunity to acquire and to share knowledge in financial industry and its stack of technologies. You will be part of a highly qualified, multi-disciplinary and hardworking team of (young) professionals in a rapid growth. Upon success in the role, you can quickly get the opportunity to take larger responsibilities. We offer a competitive salary, international focus and a great professional atmosphere.
Interested? Apply today!
We are looking forwar to your application, please send you motivation ans CV to info@explicitselection. And we promise to get back to you ASAP!
If you are an intermediary, please do not contact us.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.